Now that fall is officially here, I've embraced the phrase that fall is for planting. Actually, I think I'm hugging it to death. I may actually have a compulsive disorder. Today, I planted 46 plants in about 5 hours. Can't wait to see them all take off - 10 Echinacea, 5 Miscanthus, 5 Autumn Ferns, 4 Abelia, 4 Muhly Grass, 3 Azalea, 3 Pennisetum, 3 Holly fern, 3 Firepower Nandina, 2 Beautyberry, 1 Hardy Hibiscus, 1 Mystic Spires Salvia, 1 Hydrangea Vine, and a Sugar Maple. And a partridge in a pear tree. And yes, I'm tired to the bone, but it's a good tired. Many thanks to my Mantis, couldn't have done it without that. Love that little tiller!
Amazingly, I spent very little for all that stuff. About $4/plant. Amazing. Money well spent in my opinion. Cheap labor too.
And since there's plenty of time before it gets cold, I'm certain that I'm not done. Maybe I should find some kind of support group...Plant Nerds Anonymous???
Hello, my name is Bobbie, and I have dirt under my nails...
No comments:
Post a Comment