Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fall demise

I love fall. Except for the part where my summer annuals meet their end. They've been such a joy all summer, full of color and life. Little pops of color that make life a little sweeter. Imagine how dull and drab it would be without them. That's why it's such a bittersweet duty to have to pull them up to make way for the ones that can bear the cold. I just hate the task of ripping out perfectly good plants. Even though I know the soon-to-come cold will brutally do the deed if I don't. Plant euthanasia, I guess. No fun. I get the same mixed emotions thinning out seedlings. I really want them all to live, but I know some have to go or else all will suffer.





At least on the bright side, I've got about 6 months to enjoy my winter annuals! But wait, that means I gotta do this again in 6 months...hey, at least I'm doing my part for the green industry. How bout let's crack open a six pack? (of buds, not Bud)

No comments:

Post a Comment