Serendipity is the effect by which one accidentally stumbles upon something fortunate, especially while looking for something entirely unrelated.
I wasn't really looking for anything, except to find my car and go back to work. Fate would have it that I re-acquaint with a brief chance meeting that occurred three months ago. We chatted then in the garden for about 10 minutes until a sudden downpour forced our separate ways. Didn't expect to see him again. What are the chances, with only a first name, on a campus of 30,000 people?
How does it work out that timing would be so perfect for me to be in a place that I'm not normally, and I'd walk into the path of his truck as he's leaving town for the holidays? If I'd lingered at my previous stop a minute more, if I'd skipped lunch as I thought about doing, if I'd walked a different route, if I'd - on and on...
What are the chances, really? At the rate of my social life, the chances should be slim, and its cohort, next to none. It boggles the mind. At least it boggles my simple mind. Needless to say it was hard to concentrate the rest of the day.
I <3 this version! I <3 the story! Remember - "For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD"
ReplyDelete