Had to "man-up" today and take care of something I've been putting off for several months...changing the furnace air filter in the crawlspace. Overdue about 4 months because I just could not make myself do it. I just don't have enough testosterone for these kinds of things. I can do it, I just don't really want to, and really think these kinds of things are guy-chores anyway. Especially when there are snake skins dangling from the floor joists. I know they're just from my friendly non-venomous rat snake that I've seen from time to time, but still...a snake skin. Gives me the creeps nonetheless.
Since there are no studly knights in shining armor around jumping at the chance to show off their manliness and change a helpless girl's air filter, I guess I'll do it myself. Shoot, I've done it for the past 6 years without any help. There just weren't any snake skins for the past 6 years. I'll take my fearless rabbit-chasing, bug-eating, lizard hunting dogs along with me for protection. At least if I bang my head on a joist and knock myself out, they'll come to my rescue...maybe. I'll take my cell phone just in case. Not sure who I'm gonna call under my house, but hey, be prepared, right?
Where is my knight in work boots and a tool belt, riding up in his trusty pick-em-up truck? "But soft, what light through yonder crawlspace breaks...O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?" Better bring your screwdriver and a flashlight...and something for snakes.
No comments:
Post a Comment