Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Feeling like a spring chicken


It is a true gift to be able to find the littlest things that bring such joy to your day...for me, today, that thing was a giant chicken. Let me explain. Years ago, there used to be a giant statue of a chicken in the front yard of a house on Milledge. He was a landmark. His proud owners always kept him in the appropriate costume, whether decked out for gameday or Halloween or Christmas or whatever. You couldn't help but look for him every time you passed by. Then one day he was no more. Where did he go? I missed my big feathered friend.

Then today while driving to a client's house, I rounded a curve and lo and behold...there he was in all his glory, all ready for Easter! How often do you see an Easter chicken? Much less, one that's 6' tall and in a front yard in a subdivision in East Athens! It made my day. I felt like I reconnected with an old long lost friend. Kinda like facebook for drivers and giant yard chickens. I think I'll have to drive through that neighborhood more often just to say hi and stay in touch.

I hope tomorrow finds you noticing the giant chickens in your day. Don't miss them, it's the little things that make life sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment