Monday, August 31, 2009

Change is good, I hope...

Tomorrow is a new day at work. No more climbing roofs or crawling under houses. No more tiptoeing through burned out houses, dodging the char and watersoaked drywall and insulation, hoping nothing is going to fall on you or you won't fall through the floor. No more smelling like the unmistakable stench of burned chicken house or melted mobile home for the rest of the day. No more being on top of a house and burning your hand on hot shingles or dropping your pen while on a roof and watching it slowly tumble down the slope over the gutter to the ground below. (Can't reach for it or you might tumble too.) No more sewage backups. No more vandalized rental houses in the bad part of town to inspect.

I think these changes are good...maybe...the flip side is that I get to trade all that good stuff for more totaled cars...over 7 counties instead of 2.

Bring it on. I can take it. Change is good. Except when the coke machine only takes quarters and all you have are pennies.

No comments:

Post a Comment