Long day today for a day trip to some great sites outside Paris. Giverny was the first stop and wow, what a visit. Monet's perennial garden next to his cottage was filled with color. I couldn't imagine the work required to maintain it. The water garden was incredible too. It was easy to see how he was so inspired. His house was incredible too - wanted to pull up a chair in his kitchen and dining room. Couldn't take pics inside the house though. The visit was kinda crowded but it was a great visit. I'd love to go back and stay longer. I was so tempted to buy a reproduction print but it would've taken a beating before making it home.
Load up on the bus and we drive cross country to
Final leg of the long bus ride was to Vaux le Vicomte in Maincy, the inspiration for the palace at Versailles. We were lucky to be there for the candlelight tour. I don't normally go for the formal French garden with parterres and minimal plant selection, but this one charmed me for some reason. I think it was the rising moon and the candlelight. There were supposed to be fireworks later too, but we had to leave before the fuses were lit. So wished we could've stayed.
No comments:
Post a Comment