
I had an overnight business trip yesterday to Macon. Used to live there for most of my twenties. I hated it when I moved there, but it broke my heart to leave 8 years later. I had to leave behind dear friends that I considered almost family. It's funny how time gets away and you lose touch.
It's also funny how with some friends you can just pick back up right where you left off. I have lots of those kind of friends. At least that's my perspective - it may be much different from their end (Ugh, here she comes again, we just can't shake her. Like a bad penny that keeps turning up on our doorstep.) I hope not. I hope I bring at least a portion of the brightness into their life that they bring into mine. My Tuesday was much brighter thanks to them. I'm so glad I didn't just hole up in my hotel room after a long day. Thanks Hubert & Joyce. Thanks Judy. Thanks Alicia.
I'd go a long way for a nu-way.
No comments:
Post a Comment