Saturday, March 6, 2010

Celebration cont'd

Still celebrating my birthday - today with my dear pal Jen at one of my faves, Last Resort, in the Classic City. Mmm, some kind of scrumptious ravioli special of the day with bacon, mushrooms, several cheeses, and a creamy sauce goodness, mmm, mmm, mmm. Paired with a side salad with homemade sun-dried tomato vinaigrette, mmm. And for dessert, mmm, carrot cake, mmm. Had a bite of Jen's red velvet cake, too, mmm. I'm sure she got tired of hearing me say mmm. Tiff & BC - you sure missed out!

Seems that with age, I'm savoring good food and good friendships, more and more. It's not that I didn't do that before, but it just seems to get more satisfying as the years go by. Maybe it's just that I've learned to appreciate it more.

If the earthly dinner table is this good, imagine what the heavenly feast will be like. I believe the fellowship will be the best part. Can't wait to meet the host. Mmm,mmm,mmm.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry I missed all the mmm, mmms. And I bet there were some good laughs too. But I'm glad Jen was there represent-in. Thanks for the Food network program on Ireland - it was very interesting. I had several good things in Ireland but I kept thinking of all the great food your going to have on your next trip. Better start training now.

    ReplyDelete