Wednesday, September 22, 2010

84 things

1.   I love a challenge. Sometimes I do things just to see if I can do it. Most of the time, I can.
2.   I can name my paternal grandfathers 10 generations back.
3.   I am afflicted with a severe case of independence.
4.   While most kids’ freckles disappear as they grow up, mine have chosen to multiply.
5.   One of my fondest childhood memories involves being covered with mud from head to toe.
6.   I won a 3-wheeler in a raffle as a kid. (#5 does not involve #6, but #6 did involve a lot of mud, especially when I turned it over at the edge of a pond - only hurt my pride though.)
7.   Fake southern accents are like nails on a chalkboard.
8.   Duke’s Mayonnaise is the only mayo.
9.   I’m a night owl.
10.   Exploring dirt roads is a wonderful pastime.
11.   I love, love, love my jeep.
12.   Lingering around a dinner table with friends or family is one of the best things ever.
13.   I make a mean banana pudding from scratch.
14.   My parents almost named me Penny.
15.   I have a thing for a man in cowboy boots – not fancy ones, but working boots, a little scuffed and dirty.
16.   Andy Griffith is the best TV show ever.
17.   I graduated from high school in a class of 17 people, and then went on to a university of 28,000.
18.   I believe in love. I feel sad for people who don’t.
19.   I have 22 first cousins and 20 aunts and uncles. I’m certain my future husband will need flash cards.
20.   Jimmy Fallon makes me laugh.
21.   I’ve never been west of the Mississippi.
22.   In college, I wanted to go work in Yellowstone for the summer, but I was too chicken to ask my parents. I sure wish I had.
23.   I have a huge crush on Cary Grant. (I would have to pick someone who doesn’t have a pulse.)
24.   I can play 5 musical instruments, but I’m a master of none. Mediocre, maybe. I entertain myself, but my dogs leave the room.
25.   Really hate when someone bites their fork when they eat.
26.   Addicted to chocolate milk.
27.   Could stare at the moon and stars for hours.
28.   I miss Lewis Grizzard.
29.   Discounted plants are like the find of the century, I can’t pass them up.
30.   I wish I could dance.
31.   I’m a black and white thinker. Not much gray in my mind. (gray matter either)
32.   Really bad about buying books then not reading them.
33.   When tickled, I flail violently. I may put somebody’s eye out. Be forewarned.
34.   I love the South.
35.   My friends love to make fun of my silent laugh. I think they’re just jealous.
36.   I hate profanity. There are so many other better words in the English language to choose from.
37.   Wish I was a few inches taller.
38.   Graduated from college in 3.5 years. In a hurry to get out on my own. See #3.
39.   My great-great grandfather was a Texas Ranger. (not the baseball team)
40.   I love participatory sports. I’d much rather play than watch.
41.   A grilled slaw dog is a fine meal.
42.   I miss being able to sleep with the windows open in the summertime.
43.   TV was better when we only had four channels to choose from and we had to get up and cross the room to change them.
44.   I love to hear little kids say yes sir/yes ma’am. (not necessarily to me, though)
45.   Love the smell of fresh plowed dirt.
46.   I stink at remembering people’s names.
47.   No matter how much I intend for it not to be, my summer tan is always some strange version of a farmer’s tan.
48.   Wimpy hugs and weak handshakes are the worst.
49.   So glad I was born and raised in a small town.
50.   I’m a do-it-yourself-er. I think it’s genetic. Or maybe it’s because I don’t want to pay somebody to do something that I can attempt to do myself.
51.   I love being a student.
52.   Love the nickname variations of my name that people can come up with. Well, most of them.
53.   I love our GA coast.
54.   I went 12 years without cable TV on purpose.
55.   Love to watch the sun rise. The getting up part, not so much.
56.   Wish I had a pickup truck.
57.   My sewing machine intimidates me.
58.   Had a crush on the Fonz when I was little.
59.   Once wanted to be a vet, until I almost passed out watching my dog get sewed up and got teased about it to no end.
60.   Would like to have a pet pig someday. And a bloodhound. And yard chickens.
61.   I’m fascinated by musicians who can write, sing & play. One talent is good, but all three are really something.
62.   Had a giant gap between my two front teeth until I was about 11.
63.   Love when my dogs come and lay on top of my feet while I’m watching TV.
64.   I have so many great friends, but most of them don’t know each other. Boy is my funeral gonna be awkward.
65.   Harmonizing when everybody’s hitting the right notes is an experience like no other.
66.   Participating in the Lord’s Supper always makes my eyes tear up.
67.   Always happy when my friends get married, but mourn when they drift away into married oblivion.
68.   I’m a paper-over-the-roll person. Don’t understand those under-the-roll people.
69.   Want a big, singing, musical family someday.
70.   I am anti-fake-Christmas tree. It’s just wrong. Where’s that hunk of Chinese plastic gonna be in 20 years? Support a local farmer. He’ll plant more. (sorry, I’ll get off my soapbox now.)
71.   I’ve become semi-obsessive about asking myself “Can I recycle that?”
72.   Kinda bugs me when people get my name misspelled, mispronounced, mis-gendered, etc.
73.   I need a 12 step program for chocolate chip cookies.
74.   Can’t stand being lied to.
75.   Tattoos give me the creeps.
76.   Snakes do too.
77.   Would like to do Bike Ride Across Ga (BRAG) someday.
78.   Love to cook and love to eat. A wonderful symbiotic combination, except when what I cook doesn’t turn out good.
79.   I procrastinate.
80.   Not good at fake smiles.
81.   My face reveals if I’m trying to hide something. Consequently, I stink at card games.
82.   Would love to learn how to sail a boat.
83.   I have a strange fascination with Scotland. Thrilled to recently discover that I have Scottish roots. Aye, lassie!
84.   Did this list just for you, Tiff. Hope you liked it. You probably already knew most of it. Miss ya pal.

3 comments: