Day 16 - May 26
In my immense wealth of travel experience, I was wise enough to book a direct flight back to the Atl. Fortunately, for the trip back, I had fellow travel mates to keep an eye on me. And graciously, my travel mates offered to let me hitch a ride from the Atl to the Ath. So grateful. Unfortunately, I bought too many gifts for the home folks, had to check 2 bags, and got charged for one of them. Here's my plastic, mademoiselle Air France lady, go ahead, rip me off. I'm just ready to be back home, even if it breaks me. I buckled down on that Airbus, next to a big ol' bubba from Baltimore. So glad I picked the aisle seat, except when that cart comes by - look out toes, fingers, and anything else in the danger zone.
Yay, safe touchdown on red clay, and welcome home to heat and humidity. Nice to be back though. My first meal back??? Chic-a-lay, of course. 16 days without sweet tea. Can't believe that one hasn't caught on worldwide yet. What's the world's problem with that, and why are we the only ones who drink it? Maybe that's the answer for world peace...sweet tea.
No comments:
Post a Comment